The decision process encounters difficulties due to the high variety in the hosiery available in the market. Of course, comfort plays a big part in the choice. So which is the most comfortable type of hosiery for the ladies?
Tights, with their large range of styles and colours and the many purposes they support, form the most popular type of ladies hosiery. They cover the whole leg from the waist down, and can be comfortable if the right size is picked, as the thick waistband and gusset can prove uncomfortable in the summer.
Bearing similarity to tights, stockings possess a garter belt and suspenders, and give cover to each leg individually. While the favoured choice for the summer months due to being cooler, the size and material matter when making a decision, as the belt and suspenders can be tight or chafe under the clothes.
Hold-ups strike a resemblance to stockings, barring the fact that they can hold themselves up without the need of any other bits, thanks to the elastic and silicone strip at the top. One of the most comfortable type of hosiery, they are cool in summer without the fiddly bits of stockings. However, if it gets too hot, the silicone strip could cause some discomfort.
Each type has its preferred environment. For those who walk more and in winter, tights offer more comfort than stockings, whereas in an office environment, stockings come out on top as there’s no tight waistband to bother you. Hold-ups are the pick for comfort in summer, whereas winters call for some extra warmth, as provided by tights.
So, each one of the three types of ladies hosiery has its pro and cons, and give the comfort that you require in varying methods and seasons. Which one you go for will come down to your need and preference, as well as the weather at the time. Probably wise to have all three in your wardrobe, so comfort is available regardless of the situation and the outfit.
The delicate nature of tights makes them hard to look after, with a high probability of them snagging or tearing. However, the following tips should help in keeping your tights a joy for longer.
• Being careful when putting on your tights is very important, and having short nails or long ones filed off is a good precaution. If you don’t want to instantaneously ladder your tights, roll them up slowly and carefully.
• For those adamant on keeping long nails; purchase a pair of rubber gloves which will help avoid snagging the delicate tights.
• Hand washing isn’t as rough as the machine cycle. If you can, take this extra precaution.
• For those with a lack of time to hand-wash, true in the present day and age, set the machine to a delicate cycle, using a mild detergent and a gentle spin. This should give similar results as that of hand-wash.
• One good tip is to place all your hosiery in a pillow case prior to place them in a machine for washing. This helps at take out time, and ensures the tights don’t get stuck in the machine.
• Spinning more than once helps get most of the water out and avoid dripping, since the material in tights is like a sponge in sucking water up.
• You should try your best to avoid getting any ladders and tears in your tights. Where it does happen, apply a little bit of nail varnish on the edges of the ladder to stop it from getting any bigger. So, carry a bottle with you for such incidents.
• Care is needed when taking off, equivalent to when putting on. A gentle roll down should help avoid snags; for those with long nails, pull out your rubber gloves!
Follow these tips, and by treating your tights right, they will serve you well for a long time.
With the variety of tights manufactured nowadays, the needs of individuals of all shapes and sizes are covered. So if you have curvaceous legs and want to wear something to make them stand out, here’s some ideas to help you.
Most people want to show off their shapely legs, but for the best appearance, buy versions of tights that have a matte finish rather than a high gloss. We all know that shiny material reflects light, which in turn draws attention to those areas. The benefit of the matte finish is that it gives off a slimming effect to the legs.
Similarly, avoiding bright colours is recommended as they are not your friends if you want to appear slimmer.
Wearing stockings and hold-ups should only be considered where your outfit can cater to it. Skirts that are higher than the stocking’s band can leave a look that is rather unflattering, instead of the smooth look that tights give.
The support range can also provide a great pair of tights, by holding your legs in the right places and giving them more definition and a firmer outlook. So it seems that the range is not only for the old people.
Manufacturers have gone a step ahead by producing control tights, which in addition to supporting the legs give extra support to the hips and waist areas. And when there are claims of it making you appear one dress size smaller, what more could you ask for?
Then there’s the caffeine tights, which you should invest in for the looks, and the fact that their chief ingredient helps in making legs firmer and your thighs slimmer.
The number of options for flattering your shapely legs are many. Now it’s your turn to find the pair of tights that will give you the sexy and confident feeling you have been longing for!